Welcome to Belton
Belton farm is situated in close proximity to the Sunshine Coast and Frontier Country, offering you the best of both worlds. It is within easy distance to the beautiful beaches of Kenton-on-Sea, game lodges offering Big 5 game viewing as well as Grahamstown, Bathurst and Salem towns rich in historical value.
- Game Viewing
Right next door to Kariega Game Reserve, Emlanjeni and nearby Kikuyu lodge all offering game drives and within an hours drive to; Addo, Amakhala, Nyala Valley, Lalibela, Kwantu, Kwandwe, Thomas Baines, Great Fish River, Bushmans Sands and Shamwari.
- Hiking Trails
Numerous trails of various lengths, maps are provided, or you can be accompanied if you would prefer. Belton is a good base to hike the many day trails in the area as well as the wonderful beaches to be walked and enjoyed.
- Other Activities
The area as a whole offers numerous action packed days if you want them. Canoes on the Bushmans River can be hired for the day or there is an overnight trail to be enjoyed. Horse riding at Kenton. The trail take you through indigenous milkwood forest to the beach and back. There are diving facilities at Port Alfred and of course river cruises up the Kowie and the Bushmans. Fishing in the area is also good, either in the rivers or deep sea. There are plenty of charters to be had and who better to take you out fishing, but the locals!
Historic & Other Activities
- The historic village of Salem with its 2 churches dating back to 1832.
- The toposcope at Bathurst which shows the directional position from where land was granted and occupied after 1820.
- The Bathurst Agricultural Museum, full of interesting agricultural machines.
- Nearby Grahamstown - The Monument and botanical gardens, museums, Rhodes University with it's fish studies and the coelacanth,, restaurants, film theatre, camera obscurer which is well worth a visit, township tours and much more.
- Alexandria, just inland from Kenton, has the chicory factory where tours can be arranged. Maureen Quin resident sculptor, has a lovely gallery of work to be seen and offers tea while viewing. After which you can take the scenic drive through the forest and along the coast past many beautiful dairy farms.